Anaheim California is a quickly growing city in Orange County. The 10th most populous city in California Anaheim is home to almost 360,000 people and is well known for its theme parks, and its sports, however, it is much more than just this.
Founded in 1857, Anaheim quickly developed into an industrial center. By the mid 1950’s the city began developing a tourist and recreational side with the construction of Disneyland, Angel Stadium, Honda Center and the Anaheim Convention Center. Cultural and business center Anaheim’s population is as diverse as its visitors. From its historic sites to its resorts and activities, take a look at some of the most popular and exciting attractions and destinations for travel in Anaheim, an exciting destination for travel.
From shopping to culture, golf and sports to art history, attractions and beaches, there is always something going on in this diverse California city.
Art and Culture Lovers
- Bowers Museum, Santa Ana – Voted the best museum in Orange County and featuring many acclaimed exhibits.
- Orange County Museum of Art – The premier art museum in Orange County
- Richard Nixon Presidential Library & Museum – Unique and historic
- Founders’ Park
Shopping and Entertainment
- Shops at Anaheim GardenWalk – The premier shopping district
- Anaheim Convention Center – Largest convention center on West Coast
- Anaheim Ice – Public Ice rink
- The Grove – Small concert venue
- Disney California Adventure® Park
- Disneyland Park
- LA Angels
- Anaheim Ducks
Note: While it is important to remember that Anaheim is large city and it is important to travel smart, it is also important to note that Anaheim is considered one of the safest cities in the U.S. with lower crime rates than most other cities of its size.
Situated near to both Los Angeles and San Diego, Visitors can enjoy a day or longer at this popular city for travel in Orange County. Island Trader Vacations invites you to explore this and other top destinations for travel in the U.S. and beyond.